Quote:

Ok I have a good running 69 Satellite 318 powered. Last saturday night the car kept going through batteries. Changed 3 times. Here's what I know. Before I left for the race on saturday I started the car like I always do to make sure its ok. It started & idled fine, but I did notice the amp gauge was not moving much as I reved it up. Left for the race any way. Car ran very good all night other than the battery problem. Tonite when I got off work I finaly got a change to check it out. I have 15.93 volts at the alternator. 11.65 at the battery. The only thing changed recently is the alternator. Batteries both ( I cary a good spare)are less than a year old. Regulator is 8 months old (new Mopar constant outut). Alternator is new reman. The amp gauge still only flickers when I rev it up. However the negative battery post is getting hot fairly quick. Or I should say warm. I checked the ground cable to the frame (trunk mounted battery) Its tight & clean. I also have a cable from the left cylinder head to the frame in the front. It to look ok. Have been running this set up for over a year now with no problems. So it looks like my alternator is putting out sufficent curent its just not getting to the battery. Any ideas. I'm not that good at trouble shoting electrical problems.

Put a jumper across the amp to see if its the problem.
How much of the old wiring are you still using. Could
be at the bulkhead connector(if still used)