Quote:

Quote:

P.S. Want to go in the 8's real quick? My pro stock hemi can be had for "just a little" more than a B-1 set-up.

Ted,
For what you'd spend on one of those high rpm, no torque primadonnas, You can build 4 Eddie Rpm headed, solid cammed 440s, spray and play all you want, go 8's with ease, and maybe hafta change oil and plugs about as often as Chris and Al change valvesprings.

Sure wished I could follow my own advice, and I wouldn't be sitting here screwing together a -1 headed 517 stockblock combo that I spent more on valvetrain and camshaft parts than I did on the whole topend of my Edelbrock 440.

"No torque primadonna", that's funny. I guess I have it all wrong, by using the very best Mopar engine available, with less torque, and more horsepower on a true 10.5 slick??
It's all good, I am in a position to play with this motor, but, have had bunches of B-1, 400 block combo's, before I could afford a KB block. Soooooooo, I thought I would throw in my , to try to share some of my experience with Ted. I will now go back into my cave........