Quote:

Quote:

The real test will be when you get some better heads and a bigger cam. With the weak point being the intake, then the big differences between all of them will come out.

This is still great data, shows you don't have to spend money on aluminum heads and still make good numbers for a street car.

Another side question, is about 450hp the limit for stock heads on a 440 as well, with a similar build?

If by "real test", you are refering to the limits of the manifolds capabilities, I'd agree with you.

As far as this test being a "real test", this initial setup is much more reflective of what I will run than something with better heads and a bigger cam will be. So I'm quite pleased they chose this combo as a starting point.

In fact, this is a refreshing change from the usual practice of bolting on intakes to some 600hp tricked out mill. People read that stuff and then apply it to thier own (much more basic) motor combos and don't realize they screwed up!

If you don't have the head flow and maybe are limited by your stock HP manifolds then an intake or cam geared towards high rpm hp production is a step in the wrong direction. Those people would be far better off using components aimed at improving thier low and mid range torque capabilities.

Dave

1970 Super Bee 440 Six Pack 1974 'Cuda 2008 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Ram 3500 Diesel 2004.5 Ram 2500 Diesel 2003 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Durango Limited [url] http://1970superbee.piczo.com [/url]