One thing that is tough (impossible?) to test on the dyno is the throttle response. I suppose the shape of the torque curve gives an indication but it isn't he whole story. The big single planes can make good torque on the dyno but sometimes on the street they have a hole in the throttle response. I've found that the Performer RPM really works on the street even if it gives up a few ponies on the top end. I bet the factory six pack setup also works great on a mild motor.

I did a manifold test for PHR a few years back where we tested the Performer RPM against the Victor 383 on my low deck 470 motor. The Victor made a couple of more hp than the RPM on the chassis dyno but it was a dog compared to the RPM in the "punch from a roll" test. The RPM would smoke the tires at will while the Victor had a bit of a bog.

One thing I want to do is to try to run a Dominator on my street car with a dual plane intake. I want to see if I can actually tune a Dominator to work at part throttle and still make the power on the top end. I wish someone made a BB Mopar intake that was dual plane with a 4500 flange but nobody does. I always liked that old C454 intake that Edelbrock made for the BBC motor.

Last edited by AndyF; 08/28/07 01:59 PM.