Quote:

Quote:

What happens with the LCA bushing etc when adjusting the struts for more caster? How far towards the front can you pull the LCA without getting into trouble?

There can be some deflection of the bushing when using an adjustable strut rod. If one uses the strut rod adjustment in moderation to fine tune / balance the caster after working with the eccentrics AND use the relatively conservative settings I recommended above, there shouldn't be a problem. The Ford suspension design I described earlier does this exact thing, and with an LCA bushing that is less beefy than the Mopar one.

Not all alignment mechanics will take kindly to the layperson requesting specific alignment specs, and then telling him specifically how to perform his job. That being said, here's how I would proceed were it me under the car equipped as is being considered by the O.P.

1. Go all the way in on the rear eccentic and use the front eccentric to get the camber set. Should there be insufficient camber even after going all the way out on the front, come out on the rear.

2. Set / balance caster using the strut rods. Unless there is something whacked in the suspension, or there is a significant nose-down / tail-up rake to overcome, there should not be a lot of strut rod adjustment and therefore excessive lateral load on the LCA bushing.

Down to just a blue car now.