Bob, I dynoed my 512 motor before putting it in the car, it made peak power at 5600 RPMs and peak torque at 4500 RPMs. I had Contintental Converters make me a street/strip(10 inch) that flashes 4200 RPM, foot stalls less than 2300 rpm before it pushes the little front tires thru the beams My messgae is that I tried shifting it at or close to 5600 rpm (4;10 gears, 315x60x15 MT ET Street Radials) and it spent a lot of time in high gear. Looking at the playback tach after several runs I realiized that the motor was not slowing down at or before the shift RPMs. I moved the shifts points up tp 6000 RPM and then 6500 RPM and finally 7300 RPM, each time I raised the shift RPM the car went faster and quicker It still has me thinking about theory and actaul results The time slips don't lie Maybe your combination, cam, heads and intake,exhaust sytem will like a higher shift point also BTW, I'm thinking of replacing the Eddy CNC RPM heads and six pak intake and carbs on my 518 low deck pump gas motor with a set of 440-1 heads and a single Dominator intake and carb. I probally shouldn't mess with a good combination but how else do we learn I hope it works better

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)