ok well first off, I bought the car like it is and somebody did the swap in the early 70's. They used some very early motor mounts called "floating power" motor mounts, from what research i've done they were in imperial and chryslers, they bolt right up to the stock K member. I would like to keep mine stock and not put a mustang II front clip on it so that works out for me. I have a rear end out of a 68 charger that's waiting to go in.

The powerflite mating up is weird indeed, from what I have been told only the early big block (4 bolt valve covers) will mate up to a powerflite and this one seems to be proof of that! and so far the powerflite holds up nicely to the big block and everything!

I am saving up to build a 440 and 727 to put in the car, the powerflite revs pretty high on the freeway.

there is another guy on here named dynamite, he put a 440 and 727 in his 56 belvedere, but he used a 1980's chrysler 5th ave. front clip and steering column, says it went right in with very little fabbing.

I have pictures i need to upload them.

1965 Plymouth Belvedere II hardtop