I have been on the end of cross breading engines into cars/trucks they were never factory installed in. I put a 318 into an early 60s chevy pickup. A 318 into an 80 Jeep J-10. A sbc into an Opel GT. Even had a 454 hanging over the engine bay of a 65 Coronet, but would have had to change too many things, that Coronet never forgave us, even though it ended up with a 440 4 speed. I helped a guy put a 383 (Mopar) into a 64 Chevy II, that one was tight. I also put a 318 into a Pontiac Lemans. We put a Pinto (I think) 4 banger into an early Fiat sedan once.

I'm sure there are more, but that was what was off the top on my head. When your broke, you have the parts laying around, and you need the car to go to work, you do what needs to be done. I have to say, some swaps go so easy one might think they are suppose to happen. Then there are always those guys that do something just to make someone mad. Think I may have even done that once or twice......

Being a Mopar guy, mostly there are just Mopars around here, so most off bread swaps involve a Mopar drive train, but as the supply dwindles, who knows what may happen. Gene