Originally Posted by TJP
do be aware that current and V are two different things. So you may have enough of both for a light bulb,
but Not enough Current for the solenoid. This is Why I suggested a wire off the Start terminal to a bulb inside the car.
If you have a flakey connection that is not passing enough current for the solenoid the bulb will be very dim or not light at all. Hope this makes sense wink
keep us posted beer

I pulled the cover off the console to get to the NSS. I only got a few things tested because I had other things I had to get done around the house. I had a test light that lit up pretty good for power to the one purple wire, so safe to say that's the power from the ignition and the other purple is going to the solenoid. I got 11.96V when the key was in the start position. My next steps will be to put the wires back on and hopefully it won't start so I can check the other purple wire in the console. I will also check the reverse lights for power and voltage just like the ignition one to make sure they are the same since the reverse lights work. Should tell me if the start portion is bad I'm hoping. If It doesn't start, I'll use the jumper wire to bypass the switch. If the NSS needs replaced, is there any alignment issues I need to look at like the ignition switch on the column? I know I probably don't need to check the reverse lights since they work, but I like to know how things work. I'm thinking key on and shifter in reverse should turn on the reverse lights. It should also light them up in any position if I jump those together as well right? Same concept as the ignition wire. If the ignition wire is bad to the starter, I'm hoping to connect a wire to the purple and just pull it through to the starter. Will have to take the wire off the starter to test it as well, but just thinking out loud.