By the time I bought my 1st Mopar, I already had a full grasp of their potential, I was working at the local gas station with three repair bays and was doing tune ups on them by that time. My future wife had a 68 Sport Satellite with a 383, 727, 3/4 with 3:91 rear gears. I did a valve job and timing chain (maybe I slipped a cam in there...), and did some body work on it. We ended up selling that car to pay for our wedding (still married, will be 48 years in May). We started life pretty fast, we bought a house 6 months later (I was 19), it was cheaper then renting! We had a car for her to go to work (she got my car), a beater for me to drive (the one I was trying to sell when the buyer wanted the 68 way worse then we did), and shortly after, a hot rod to play with.

Before I bought my 1st car (the Buick) I drove dad's 64 Oldsmobile with a 394 4bbl, (it was fast even with 4 guys in it). I knew fast cars, and I knew me. I had a habit of breaking fast cars I knew I had to have something reliable for each of us to drive to work, and then a fast toy. I busted my butt with side jobs so I could have that toy and not short change the home life.