Originally Posted by moparx
speaking of shovels, my wife bought one of those at the local ACE hardware store a year or so ago. not cheap by any means, but she figured it would be a good one.
being all of 110lbs, she steps on the shovel in one of her flower beds and promptly breaks the handle ! [ eek ]
this flower bed has ZERO rocks, and she tills the soil all the time, so hard soil is non existent.
i took the shovel back, and they told me i had to take it to a john deere dealer for replacement ! good grief !
anyone want a "two piece" john deere shovel ? mad
beer

i ran into that before buying shovels at various stores. IF i could remember where I bought them i usually got "we don't carry that brand anymore". So I started buying all my garden type stuff at Sears. haven't broken one yet wink Not sure if Lowes would honor the craftsman lifetime warranty (doubtful). But the crafstman at Lowes has a 15yr warranty wink Not sure on the Kobalt warranty.
One the ACE one I'd take it back and b-tch up a storm. talk to the strore manager, if that doesn't work try calling corporate. Bet you'll get a new shovel wink
And BTW if so exchange and buy another brand beer