Hunter... thats a good one. What was his female partners name D?

Originally Posted by larrymopar360
Originally Posted by Mr PotatoHead
Having a good friend who did get t boned by an officer who thought his lights allowed him to run through an intersection at 105 without pause cost her her unborn child so ive mixed thoughts.

At times I feel in the right situation with good cameras and plate readers why not just park at the offenders house on some of the pursuits that are not a major crime. Does that mean I feel they should get a pass.... no.

If some of the police departments policies did not have to be made public I feel they could internally make better rules on some pursuits but as long as the bad guys know who they will chase and who they will not so they need to get them all, or at least all they can.
Running through an intersection with red light without clearing it first is unacceptable! I'm sorry for your friend's loss, truly tragic and unforgiveable. When I say I'm for pursuing, I don't mean at all costs; no "Hunter" style driving up on sidewalks, etc. There has to be guidelines for sure. In my mind, pursuing for "traffic charges only" never happens because once they fail to stop for an Officer for a traffic violation, the charges are now far more serious.

STOP POTATO HATE!