Originally Posted by GODSCOUNTRY340
Originally Posted by JohnRR
Originally Posted by GODSCOUNTRY340
This is the C body manifold I have. (pic)

If you compare it to the picture Rhino posted above it's easy to see the difference , bending a headpipe to clear the steering is the issue, I had thoughts of angle milling the head flange some to tip the manifold toward the motor .

I think it was accurate that that made the repop of sorts using that manifold , cutting off the flange and welding a pipe to send it to the rear , TTi had a 4 speed Z bar to help header clearance , I have one of those too.

Thanks for the help John, do you know if that z bar will work with the '68 B body HP manifold? I bought the Wilwood hydraulic clutch conversion kit thinking I could use it but, the instructions state the connection on the clutch pedal can be no lower than 3 " below the pivot point, there's no way to get the master cylinder high enough on the firewall to do that. I guess it's designed for an E and B body car, not an A body.

It looks like your steering column is already trimmed back ? I see your firewall has been adjusted for clearance of something hammer

I didn't try dropping a B body manifold in there while I was mocking up different things because I had the A body and C body manifolds available.

Last edited by JohnRR; 02/08/24 09:21 AM.

running up my post count some more .