The biggest issue for me with SS is the underhood heat. The big Hemi makes enough as it is with coated headers.

CCP says they are the answer. For about $500 I can find out. Interestingly enough, they said that the life expectancy of their coating wasn't any different between new steel tubes and rusty ones as long as the rusty ones were still solid. I am having the collectors and flanges changed on the new set right now. When I get them back, I guess I will send them to CCP. And given the deal that I got on these scratched new ones, after the CCP strip and re-coat, I won't have too much more than a straight out new set of coated headers from TTI.

Altogether, these new discounted TTIs, having the collectors modified, the CCP treatment, and with all the shipping, I will be in the new set for about $1,500. Of course, I will probably sell the old set and recoup a few dollars there. But still, the coating had better hold up better than the last ones did. This has been a lot of trouble and it's not over yet.

Master, again and still