Originally Posted by jerseybud
Injectors can either be ev1 or ev6- that describes the type of connector to the injector itself
Chrysler used both
96 should be ev1
I like the 4 hole injectors and been using several sets from CS perfromance on ebay. They call them upgrade injectors, they are like 22 lb/hr at 39 psi- can be overdroiven in vehicles using 49 psi, like what the ev6 trucks came with.
AVOID adapters at all costs- some real junk out there

So I went on the CS Performance website, all their listed injectors are rebuilt by themselves. Their list of injector options have 94 & 95 5.2, or 99 to 2006 5.2/5.9, all for the "upgrade" injectors. The only listing I see for the 96-99 is the OEM replacement injectors or injector repair kits. I hate it when everyone wants to skip a few years in their listings.

I read on one of the websites that the change between the EV1 and the EV6 was when Dodge went to the OBD2 system, but it failed to tell which EV was the early one and which was the later one.

Prices are all over the map as well. There are "no brand name" rebuilt 4 hole injectors on Ebay for as low as $69 for a set of 8, ranging up past $260 for a set of 8 rebuild by Bosch, to $63 each for brand new Bosch.

The Siemens Injectors, which are supposed to be OEM Mopar parts and replacements are new injectors for around $259 for a set of 8.

I was not expecting this big of a mess!

Changing the injectors on this truck is going to be a pain, I would rather just have to do it once if possible.