On last Friday we took the truck to Rockford. I had picked up a bottle of the top rated Chevron in tank fuel injection cleaner ($16.18 with tax) and filled up the truck just after we left town (10 miles from home, a long the way, the same gas was $.30 a gallon cheaper away from home) and added the injector cleaner before the fill. I have somewhere near 160 miles on that tank of gas, so I will pick up another bottle of the Chevron injector cleaner and add it before I fill up the truck, probably tomorrow.

I put plugs, cap, rotor, and wires on the motor a few months ago The O2 sensor is only about a year old. We pulled for codes about a month ago and nothing showed up (early OBD2 system) At times the truck stumbled a bit, like it was running lean, but other times it acted like it was running rich. When the motor is about 1/2 warmed up, it will die at traffic lights because of a low idle rpm. When its cold its OK, and once fully warmed up its OK. Gas mileage is all over the map, but it definitely gets better mileage on the open highway between 65 and 75 (in the 17-19 mpg range, its a 4x4 with a 5.2, 46re trans and 3:55 gears. Around town the mileage range is around13 mpg when its warm, and as low as 10 (or less) mpg in cold weather. Nothing about this truck is aerodynamic. That 1st bottle of injector cleaner appears to have reduced the stumble a lot, and most of the running rich, it has not appeared to help with the dying when 1/2 warm. There really has not been enough miles to make an honest determination if the cleaner is going to have lasting effect or not, at this point. That 2nd bottle is to assure at least the injectors are as clean as the additive will make it. I can live with the current gas mileage, if the stumble, the rich conditions, and the dying at 1/2 warmed up are gone.