Thanks guys.
i believe I'm gaining more understanding. I'm probably going to just order the rebuilt originals.

My area of concern about the injectors is not so much they are "wore out" because in general, they are pretty much low mileage items, my concern was more towards the amount of time they were not in use over the years. The truck was only driven about 1500 miles a year from 1996 until it came into my possession in 2020 I am more concerned about carbon build up inside the injectors that may prevent smooth, consistent operation, which I believe my problem is.

I suppose sending them out to get cleaned would probably be the best answer, but this truck is my daily driver and one of only 2 vehicles we have here, with two drivers often going different places at the same time. I can't afford to take it out of service for a week or more it may take to send off and wait to get my injectors back.

Another factor in this process is that changing the injectors on this motor in this truck will not be a simple process. Its going to require the removal and reinstallation of the painted 3 part hood (a 2 person job). I've watched the videos about changing them. I expect this to be another one of those experiences where doing it one time will be plenty for me. I'm getting too old for this stuff.

Pic 1) The hood before paint. The center piece is attached to the top of the firewall at the rear, and to a panel in front of the radiator in the front, and the sides hinge off that center piece and latch to the fender supports.
Pic 2) The reason for the hood removal. That air filter housing has to be tipped just right to get it out from under the hood. This would be the easy side.
Pic 3) There are two of those aluminum tanks bolted to the filter housing now, both will have to be removed to remove the filter housing. This side isn't going to be very fun, even with the hood removed. The motor is mounted on factory Dakota 4x4 motor brackets, and the brake booster is bolted to its original position on the Dakota firewall.

100_0804.JPG100_0798.JPG100_0855.JPG