I have had quite a few winter drizen classics. A few 66 b bodies, some 70-71 c bodies and a 67 300. It was rather enjoyable for the most part. I stopped driving old cars in the winter 3-4 years ago. Between parts availability, other drivers and the diminishing supply of decent drivers it was an easy decision.

There is a nice 67 coronet 4 door for a good price within a few hundeed miles. While it is very tempting features the 3 speed wipers, pitiful charging system and leaky weather stripping have deterred me. Delay wipers, modern charging systems and a sealed up cabin have spoiled me. These items are often found on higherline cars however in my experience the luxury features rarely work. Old grease gets hard along with nylon clips creating issues with the window operation. Fwiw I don't look at post 76 cars as classic. The cars of the late 70's-early 90s are "earlt modern" in my mind. Antiques cars fall into the 64ish back era. to me because of the many left over design characteristics from the 50's (galactic looking cars with huge, smooth v8s).

My current winter daily is a 93 w250 12v. All of the gimmicks work, its sealed up and the wipers work at more than 3 speeds. That said I can see the writing on the wall now that it's 20 years old. 16" tires are grtting hard to find, OEM body panels are getting expensive/scarce etc. In ten years it will probably get replaced with a 08-18 Ram 2500 24v.

Between guilt and practicality I am a forced into being a fair weather classic car guy. This is justified by putting stroker big blocks in everything with the general understanding that they should not be messed with on wet roads.

I miss my muscle car winter beaters!