I've driven my Swinger, my Hornet and even my Gremlin in the winter. Other than the Gremlin would randomly decide to swap ends and try to kill me.... all of them were pretty decent winter cars. The Swinger had the best heater of them all though, have to admit.

But I'm in search of another SX/4. I had one in my youth, but it was cobbled badly before I got it. The worst offence I found out only after getting it running is that somebody had swapped in a passenger car 258 instead of an "Eagle" 258. The key difference between the two is that the eagle version has bosses on the side of the block. Those bosses are for a bracket which locates the front axle housing. I got my car running and didn't even get out of the back yard before the housing tried making love to the oil pan.

Long story short, I want another one. A decent one. I passed on a super-rare Kammback earlier this year. Might have a line on the car I want, just waiting to see if the owner will finally part with it. The other reason I'm trying to find an SX/4 is that my second choice would be a 4.0, automatic, 2-door Cherokee. Those don't seem to exist anymore.

AMC-Eagle-SX4.jpg
Last edited by That AMC Guy; 12/07/23 02:54 AM.

Bloody Mary, Full of Vodka, Blessed art thou among cocktails....