Prices are definitely insane.

I was contemplating selling one or two cars to offset the cost of finishing another one but I'm afraid to let go of anything because I'd never be able to get another at these prices. It's also why I put money into repairing my 2004 Dodge Ram several years ago. When I bought it new it was heavily discounted to $23,000 with a sticker of $36,000. I was looking at used at the time & found it in the paper for less money than 2 to 3 year old trucks with about 30,000 miles. I never saw anything ever again with that price discount. frown

When my son was in his last year of high school my truck was starting to rust in the typical places & also in need of a few expensive mechanical repairs so I started looking at new ones. I changed my mind because I wasn't going to take on a truck mortgage with college tuition at the same time. I bought cheap body parts off ebay, had my body guy repair the rust & paint the back of my truck, got the mechanicals done & spent around $6000 total. Now, 5 years later it still runs great & looks presentable for a 20 year old truck. I'm going to keep driving it until I can't because prices now are even worse. eek

2004 Dodge Ram 1500 - 002.jpg