Originally Posted by poison_ivy
Hello everyone. I have not posted on this site for quite some time. I’ve sold my first race car to my nephew and am now into a different project. I have a’65 Dodge A100 pickup that currently just a bare shell on stands. Now mind you I’m not the sharpest tool in the shed and fight now I’m struggling with is some wiring. I’m using an aftermarket wiring harness so none of the colors match factory wires. That in itself is not the problem. I’m trying to figure where all the wires go in the ignition/starting system. Last night a drew up a schematic of all the devices I believe will be needed, some stock, some not. I bought a slant six electronic distributor kit from Rick Ehrenberg, a 1 wire Tuff Stuff Ford style alternator, and a mini starter from a late model Ram 5.7 pickup with a manual tranny. I’d like to attach the drawing and ask if someone could possibly draw in the missing wires. Just to let everyone know, each component is drawn just as it shows, ie: 1 wire alternator,2 pin ballast, 3 pin neutral safety switch, 4 pin starter relay, 4 pin ECU, and a 6 pin starter switch. What I need to know is how this all gets wired up to function properly. Can anyone do this, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,Steve.

You need to show two connections on the starter ( Battery and Solenoid) and a two wire pigtail off the dist. The rest pretty straightforward. if somebody does not get to it by Monday I will try to squeeze it in smile

Tex Smith published a book on street rod wiring that would cover all the questions. They are available used on sleazebay and Amazon. Please keep u s updated if you resolve this as my time is limited wink beer