I just put my 6.1 hemi back together with HHP ported heads, ported stock intake and their stage 2 cam. I’m using fast xfi 2.0 and xim to run the motor. Before the heads and cam the motor ram great but now that it’s back together it is extremely rich in the passenger side bank, so rich that it pours raw gas out of the rear 3 cylinders on the passenger side. Also it back fires while it’s cranking bad enough it will catch fire at the passenger side collector. I understand the tune that was on the motor when it was stock might not be perfect for the larger cam but I figured it would at least get me down the road until I can get it tuned by a professional. I feel like it’s worth mentioning that when I was running the motor stock i was only using XFI 1.0. I’m not very familiar with efi at all but I figured I might try some of the xfi 2.0 stock tunes that come with the program and oddly enough the couple stock tunes I tried at least fire the truck with no back firing but still had the richness issue in the passenger side bank. As far as I’m aware all my sensors are functioning correctly map is at 100 key on and my fuel pressure is at 45 psi for injectors that are rated for 50 lbs/hr at 46 psi. The whole issue would make sense to me if it was rich across the board but realistically the problem lies in 3 cylinders, the truck goes to the tuner November 14. I would like to get this sorted out because winter is quickly approaching in northwest PA and I’d like to save some time and money on the dyno.
Any input or tips are appreciated thank you!