Judging the reliability of a car is meaningless when and while it is new and under warranty. Almost EVERYTHING will behave and function properly during the new honeymoon phase. Reality is revealed inches and seconds after the factory warranty has expired. Second owner usually finds out a $70 blend door motor requires 13 hours of labor- or a $65 water pump requires engine to be removed from the car. Even during the factory warranty the owner and car is buffaloed with BS and re flashing by the dealer- hoping both owner and car will not come back to them. Brand loyalty is met with "A quart of oil consumed every 1000 miles is normal" or "We will re flash the computer to fix your......." knowing damn well a re flash will do nothing. I'm not gonna own a points and condenser car for a daily driver- but I will own common reliable platforms that are older- that have a great track record and can be fixed by me or a shop when its too complicated for me. My current Camry is a 2000 with 266,000 miles and still runs great. I am upgrading though. I will be buying a coworkers 2010 Honda Civic with 200,000 miles. I like the GM cars powered by Buick 3.8 V6. I also have great luck with the old 3.1 GM V6 after the intake gaskets were replaced but those cars with that engine were discontinued nearly two decades ago. The clean Buicks listed for sale by seasoned citizens get snatched up by flippers and relisted at a much higher price. In a nutshell- if one must have a brand new car they must set aside a chunk of money every month to pay for eventual repairs after factory warranty. Even if they buy an aftermarket warranty they better be able to pony up big $$ as Car Shield and the others will find a reason to deny repairs.

Keep old mopars alive.