Sell it or convert it to a street Jeep?

I've had the Rocky for probably 15 years .

When I bought it it had a bone stock 318 and 904 that ran consistent 14 flats at 100mph, I had one goal and that was to gradually transform it into a 10 second car,...which I did, thanks to a nice mild roller cammed 414" stroker 340 and a 5300 stall low gear 904 and a 4.10 8 3/4" rear out of a 68 road runner.

It weighs about 2700 pounds and it was and has been by far the most fun car I ever ran down the strip.

I used to run it a fair amount at Rockingham and Darlington but I'm kinda "done" with something I have to tow to the track. I could probably run it on the street with a few exhaust modifications, but the sensible thing (did I just say that out loud?) would be to de-tune the cam a tad and put some 3.55 gears in it, along with some DOT tires. there's plenty of local car shows I could cruise to and having a little Jeep type vehicle can be kinda cool in the spring and fall around here.

But I also have the Valiant wagon I finally need to finish so if I have 2 street toys one would be kind of redundant,

The cool thing about the rocky is I could probably fit a tunnel ram under the hood and have plenty of room (no scoop required)

IDK I'm kinda On the fence about it. I could de-tune it, sell it as is, or even sell it without th motor and trans (I can pull the motor in and out in about 40 minutes)

it's so unique I kinda don't want to get rid of it, but by the same token I would probably love to see somebody take it to another level and enjoy it with all the enthusiasm I had when I first got it.

I could also sell the motor and trans (And it would probably go high 9's in a back-halfed A body ....since an 'average' .50 drag coefficient takes a lot less HP to push at 123 MPH than a .84 CD 6' x 6' x 12' 'Jeepster') and maybe put a late model hemi and 8 speed auto trans in it. Note: I didn't say LS!!

I had also hoped to find a young protégé to apprentice and teach him how to run the car and just gradually let myself shift into the Mr Miaggi role....complete with a saumurai bandana lol.

if there were 1/4 mile tracks closer by this wouldn't even be an issue, but I basically keep an SUV and a trailer around just so I could tow my other cars....

also, has anyone actually successfully converted their Bracket car back to a pure street car? And did you go 'all-in'? I'm afriad if I don't I might not actually drive it very much, If I do...( street 236-ish @ .050 street cam, 3200 stall, 3.55 gears, quiet mufflers) I feel like I would. It probably wouldn't really feel that much slower TBH.

Thoughts? shruggy

IMG_6262.JPG414-Left (1).JPG341 pull.JPG
Last edited by Streetwize; 09/05/23 03:28 PM.

WIZE

World's Quickest Diahatsu Rocky (??) 414" Stroker Small block Mopar Powered. 10.84 @ 123...and gettin' quicker!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mWzLma3YGI

In Car:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjXcf95e6v0