Starting to think about buying a trailer.
Not in use storage is a major factor. So Im not sure an enclosed is a viable option for me.

Im weighing the options to go open , or enclosed

18 ft opens average little under $4000 for brand new 2023 models And these are brand new I can pick my color 7000 gvw Brakes on the rear axle only. Steel frame, wood deck spare included.

I found a seller in Phoenix that has 2023 Pace American new 8.5' x 22' enclosed cargo trailer at $14,800 and for bonus points ( to me anyway ) it has 5200 lb Drop Spring Axle w/ Superlube Hubs, Plus 12 in of Added Height - Vertical Post Height - 96 3/4 in which I think is good. BUT well aboce waht I really prefer to spend of at all possible. UNLESS, when I resell, next year will it retain its value enough to offset the purchase price difference, Meaning how much will it depreciate in my allotted time frame, or will it ?

Ive found a used 24 ft enclosed, Hallmark but its a 1995 model for $7000 it has a few small dents and dings, but nothing major and overall looks solid . Just old. . Plus Im sure it was a lower grade model when new

I like the 24 ft enclosed . But deep down I think it will require storing in one of the RV storage pay lots. And Ive not looked into how much that costs yet . Keeping it at my house is not an option. For more than a few days

My thought process is keep it a year,,,, maybe a little longer . To do what I want to do in the next 12-18 months . Then sell it. Ideally get all or most of my money back. Which is why Im thinking enclosed. But Ive not kept up on trailers and values in any way. Ive looked for a decent used and they are not much , if any less $$$ than the brand new one.

Pics attached of the used Pace and the new open

trailer2.jpgtrailer1.jpgopentrailer.jpg