Originally Posted by Cometstorm
Originally Posted by A12
Me, I would forget the funnel as most require two hands to fill a vehicle screw cap fuel tank. I have a funnel that has a slight maybe 30 degree angle to the spout and if I can't get someone to hold it (as I pour gas on their hand) then I duct tape it to the vehicle. That eventually became a real pain. So I have a half dozen or more race fuel cans with a hose and plastic end and cap that fits a (lead free) filler hole. This is the fastest, quickest way to get gas into a vehicle, motorcycle, mower, generator, etc., bar none that I have used. You can fill it at the gas station or pour from another source into the race fuel can using as large as a straight funnel as you want then pour from that race fuel can into whatever you need to fill, Forget trying to find or use a funnel to fill the vehicle and get a setup like this. A little pricey but well worth it. You can find them for about $25 to $30 without the $11 spout or VP has one for $40 with the spout. Works even on a '68/'69 B-body with the behind the license plate screw cap filler DAMHIK grin

Mike

You da Man, Mike!

Thank you.

Ordered! up

I guess the hose is strong enough to push the metal “flapper” open in lead free cars?

Yes as topside said it's more than strong enough to open the metal "flapper".

Another good thing about this is the hose is flexible enough to bend with the can down and first put the pipe into the gas filler hole (like a motorcycle tank, or lawn mower or generator or a '69 Charger wink etc.,) and then lift the can to pour.