Originally Posted by mopar dave
Now that the Hemi is in and the headers on you now know what works and what dont. Would like to know if it would have been easier installing with the heads off? I need to install a 572 Hemi into an A body using TTI 2 1/8 headers. My thought was to install with 727 bolted on, but without the heads. Really not sure of the best way to do this, but any opinions from you would be appreciated. Thanks

Dave- My engine was all built and dyno tested by Indy...complete long block (callies iron siamese block). I would drop the engine in with the heads My EBODY was tight with a HEMI. I do not know muck about a-body as never had one. I did installed my 500inch wedge with the trany bolted on with a hoist that could pivit the angle of the assembly. This time i wanted to go engine in first and bring the trany in from under the car. With the front engine plate I was able to slide the engine forward on the frame rails in the engine bay enough to bring my 727 in from down under. Once engine and trany bolted together...I just slid the engine and trany back into correct position in the bay so the stock trany mount bolted into place.

TTI is really good at making headers for mopar. 8-second said he had to put his drivers side header into the bay and drop the hemi engine into it. TTI told me I could get the header in from below if I raised the engine enough and TTI was right. It was tight but the 2.25 header went in (with scuffs and scratches).

I spoke with Sam at TTI and he provided technical assistant on the phone. Call TTI and ask them about your application. They been doing it for years.

One thing about my 2.25 header in the EBODY with all else stock. It is tight with little to no clearance from torsion bars and the transmission. I use a blanket on my 727 trany and the blanket is against the headers so I made some aluminum shields to stuff between the headers and the blanket so the blanket won't melt away from the heat of the headers. The drivers side is tightest because the PPP shifter bracket takes some room. Wish someone would make a certified case...but not enough MOPAR drag racers. More Chevy and Ford. Just look at the Summit sales magazine...very little Mopar product.