Originally Posted by migsBIG
My friends talk about turbos all the time on late model stuff, but I’m completely in the dart on vintage cars and drivetrains with the super snails. So here are a few questions.

How much maintenance are single/dual set ups?
Liquid/air cooled?
Compression needed for street/strip?
Comparable costs to blower/power adders?
Intercooler? Water/meth injection? Fuel type?
Looking over on eBay, seems they offer single/duel turbos for all mopars except the big block. Are big blocks with turbos good or bad, or just a lack of demand on this set up?
Thanks for any info.

No real turbo maintenance issues, key being good oil supply to bearings, keeping engine running after a hard pass, to allow oil supply to bearings while cooling. launching/ spooling a turbo can be a lot harder on parts such as Trans Converter

I don’t know anyone using watercooled, that’s not to say they are not good, but not common

Compression ratio is also dependant on fuel choice, engine hardware, 9:1 is a good starting base

Cost really depends on quality of parts chosen, power levels, etc. Have to factor in other items, Exhausts, Waste gates, BOVs, Boost Ref Regulator, Boost Controller, Lambdas, etc, etc

Intercooler choice really depends on your end goals, what fuels you intend to use

I’m guessing there are less Mopar Turbo Kits due to popularity, when compared to say Chevrolet. My advise would be to take a proper look at installs on cars, irrelevant if make, speak to some of the owners, talks to turbo companies, even contact respected shops/ fabricators on turbo installs