Originally Posted by 2boltmain
Originally Posted by moparx
Originally Posted by TJP
Originally Posted by moparx
i have witnessed some of those "repairs". laugh2
thanks for sharing that !
beer

Right up there with SLICK 50, and Split fire spark plugs Remember those 💩🙄. If all these bogus product claims were true i would think the major manufacturer's would be all over them slicing warranty costs and upping MPG, HP and other things whistling twocents

split fire plugs are still advertised on the ol' boob tube ! laugh2
beer

The traditional Sunday morning cable TV shows such as Stacey Davids Gearz and Horsepower TV still worship at the altar of E3 Sparkplugs.

I spent maybe 100 hours or more experimenting with Bosch Plus 4 sparkplugs

https://www.amazon.com/Bosch-Automo...;hvtargid=pla-4583451678788130&psc=1

I even tried cutting off the one of the 4 electrodes that randomly ended up nearest the hot exhaust valve.

The tiny tip Iridium alloy sparkplugs seem to be able to fire the biggest gap, and last the longest in service, paying for themselves.

“Booster Gap” design sparkplugs are quite an old design that have merit. These have a spark gap hidden inside the plug before the gap you can see.

“Fires in Oil” spark plug extensions are interesting in that they can help locate a specific cylinder which is pinging/detonating.
Moving the spark into a “cubbyhole” is like individual cylinder ignition retard.

Two spark plugs per cylinder is the best improvement.

An MIT masters degree student went beyond 2 plugs per cylinder, up to an astounding 13 plugs per cylinder, and amazingly found measurable improvement with each additional plug per cylinder.

Saab tried a long spark that started at the plug center tip and ended on the piston top.

Like many here on Moparts, my first spark related “mod” was buying the original MSD multi-spark box in the 1970s.
That MSD is all time undefeated champion for creating RFI.