Originally Posted by poorboy
Its refreshing to see that not much has changed in the automotive industry.

At my shop, I did things the way I thought they should be done. If the "customer" didn't like the way I was going to do something, they were not going to be my customers. Point blank and up front, before it came in the door. My shop, my way, or take it elsewhere.

I was never in a position to need to compromise my process to make a cheapskate customer happy, by cutting a corner that shouldn't be cut. I had the same attitude concerning credit. I was not running a bank. Tough times increase your resolve every time you survive them. People only want you to compromise when you are in a hard place, don't fall for it! When things are going great, save a little back to carry you through the hard times that will come, makes it easier to be in a place where you do not have to compromise.

Seemed to have worked out for me, 28 years running my own shop before I retired and closed the doors. I didn't sell my business because I would have had no control over how a new owner might have run it into the ground.

iagree and did the same. No 1/2 or 1/4 azz repairs.
had several want to replace one wheel cylinder/ caliper etc. You make maybe 100 on the repair, they take out a school bus full of underprivileged children and you'll have the ambulance chasers beating your door down.
Or they'll be back claiming you screwed something else up tsk