Originally Posted by jcc
I had that same question years back, I couldn't find any. I did find some video of my father who was shooting 8mm and was moving around for better angles as the car came into the winner's circle. I was by my dad's direction trying to locate with the sun at my back, as where most of the press were, there seemed to be a small grandstand behind me with press, but not 100% sure it was still there in 64, so very few pics were taken facing were I was or into the sun which was getting low in the sky, and it was a beautiful bright somewhat crisp day for Florida..

This pic is me, the little guy, again at Sebring in the pits post-race of the first F1 race in the US in 1959. I'm pondering how those first seen little solid disc brakes and wondering how in the world they could stop a race car. LOL

That's good stuff. It must have been great to have been there to witness racing history first-hand like that. The best I could do was read about it (and see some old NASCAR races on TV), though both of those races happened before I was even born (I was at least thought of when the Petty win happened... laugh2). I did build the old Johan model kit of the Petty '64 when I was a kid, though. That's as close as I got. wink