Hot Rod Magazine (I think) did a tech story on F1 Motor Generator Units. If I remember correctly, the cold side (induction) was located at the front of the engine and there was a shaft that went through the valley area and connected to the hot side at the rear of the engine. Also mounted to the shaft was a motor/generator. When you didn't need more boost, the motor/generator went into generator mode and charged the battery. The Generator could also act like a JakeBrake and slow the car down. And the turbo was oversize ... to eliminate turbo lag, the ECU sent energy to the motor/generator to act like a motor and spin up the turbo. I read that article several times just to try to get a grasp on all the technology. I couldn't find a link to the article but I did find: https://f1.fandom.com/wiki/Motor_Generator_Unit_-_Heat Super cool stuff ... now how can I retrofit that to my Gen II HEMI and add all that programming to my MegaSquirt ECU? smirk

1972 Pro-Street 'Cuda, 500" Eagle stoker B Block, Eddy RPM heads, Victor Manifold, 850 Mighty Demon, Hemi 4 Speed, Dana 60 w/4.88 gears - Built by Hansen Racing Middlesex - NJ