Block I ask about was put in the G Plant not an A Body. Thats for posting the picture. I am not up on the 1968 builds, know a little but would have to study plenty on the Hemi Builds. I was told that there is a date in 1968 Production when the VIN was stamped on the blocks. Not sure if this is true or not. That would mean the early Vehicle blocks did not get stamped. I know from other years Chrysler made a lot of their changes in production either in or around Oct. or Jan of the build. After finding problems in the early build the Change in Oct and the major changes in Jan of the production year. Chrysler when it came to these blocks did not follow modern was or production. FIFO First in First Out was not followed. From what I understand the block would be put into a storage room and that is were then would stay until needed. Then the worker would just go get what blocks were needed not looking at Casting dates. So if a 1965 block was at the back it might of stayed at the back for a while till the later casting block were used up. I would imagine that this would change during Inventory and things would ge moved around. I also find it funny that no 1967 block cast. I wondered why the casting mold would sit for such a long time from 1966 to 1968 and problems could arise from no usuage, rust, losing the assembly anything can happen when something sits and it not used in a factory it could just get lost. So I thought Chrysler would run some block just to test it or make changes and test them. Remember the early block are a little different from the later blocks, so were these 1967 Casting a version of tests or were they the good stuff that Chrysler used to make sure their Killer Factory Race Car Barracuda and Darts had all the advantages over all others including other Hemis. When I start into this hobby well it was not a hobby when I started many of the Chrysler workers were around and could answer questions. Now we must look into the facts and come up with answers.

This is one reason why this post was created and I might have to add that 1967 casting date to the list.

1971 HEMI E BODY REGISTRY