Some great stereo systems…awesome stuff. My record player has a shure 3 cartridge, it’s a nice little direct drive unit. The tube amp needs a equalizer to tune it to different music, I’m looking at a Shiit Loki or possibly an old school slider style unit.

The 160 wpc you guys were talking about is a LOT!! Like over 200 wpc is amazing and probably not useable in my small space…I have only used half the power of my 2270…35 watts or so. shocked

I love the old Sansui equipment too…cool looking and sounds great. The new Yamaha stuff is awesome…and powerful. Thanks for sharing your systems.

Originally Posted by That AMC Guy
Here's the big dog in the basement. The literal elephant in the room....

Pioneer QX-9900 Quadraphonic Receiver
Pioneer PL-530 Direct Drive Turntable
Pioneer SG-9500 "The Twins" 10-band Equalizers
Akai CR-80D-SS Quadraphonic 8-track tape player
Akai 280D-SS Quadraphonic Reel to Reel player (with remote!)
Akai GXC-65-D "Invert-O-Matic" Stereo cassette player
TEAC AN-300 4-Channel Dolby Encoder/Decoder
Technics SH-3433 4-Channel Audio Oscilloscope
Technics SH500 CD-4 Demodulator
Tate/Fosgate 101A SQ 4-Channel Decoder

.... and the speakers are just four Sears Professional series that are.... probably among the BEST sounding, consumer-grade speakers I've ever encountered. I've actually got six of them, but two are out in the garage awaiting refurb.

And yes, it all works and it's amazing. The future passed us by in 1974 with 4-channel surround sound audio. I've got well in excess of 600 Quadraphonic 8-tracks, nearing 100 CD-4 Quadradiscs, two-dozen QS LP's and about a dozen SQ LP's - and I hate SQ.

Plus, those of us in the community like to open our collections up and trade what we do have. If what we want isn't available on SACD, we generally have a conversion from reel, 8-track or CD-4 floating around UNTIL we get a legit re-release. The Quad community is staunchly in support or modern formats so if it's available commercially; we HALT all closed-door trading of that title.

Plus, I can also play a few modern formats: SACD, DVD A/V, and the older stuff too like DTS and DOLBY/AC3.

I think I'm getting off the boat as Blu-Ray audio doesn't seem to be getting much action. This new Sony 360RA seems to be bearing fruit since - at it's core, 4 of it's 10 channels seem to be original QUAD recordings.... and Sony has really opened up the vaults lately gracing us with albums that were mixed to Quad back in the 1970's, but left unreleased. Some of the gems include an Elvis album even the Elvis phreaks weren't aware was done to Quad... some Blood, Sweat & Tears, a previously unknown Waylon Jennings title, Harry Belafonte, Dolly Parton, Tanya Tucker.... and it's only the beginning.

Holy majoly!!! That is AWESOME!! I’m looking to find a smaller quadraphonic receiver as I have four Advent Laureate speakers that are in great shape and sound pretty good. The imaging isn’t as good as the Klipsch Forte but they would be great for a second quad system. I’m envious…two equalizers?!? Each channel has its own…awesome stuff.