TJP, 4406BBL don't tell him to be understanding and reasonable. Otherwise we wont get to read his next post titled, "Guys I need help, I'm in a pickle spot with my wife" LOL

I agree with TJP & 4406bbl, I think your wife probably feels the same as you and probably won't do this again. Both of you were trying to be kind and helpful but got blindsided by a situation you didn't expect. Kudo's for being good people and glad it worked out as well as it did.

I put in my vote for saying nothing until something like this creeps up again and then I would say, "Babe this is looking too much like that lawyer guy that almost left us with a big mess. Maybe we should steer clear of it this time."

On a side note, I have learned to say no to loaning my vehicles under questionable circumstances.i.e. like no license. I'm glad you didn't do it. I had a friend who would borrow my big truck on occasions. One time I notices some scratches on the side and mentioned it to him. He said he didn't remember hitting anything but a woman claimed he hit her car so he ignored her and walked off. I later found out that he has gone blind in one eye, that particular side in fact. shock I have no problem telling him no now. I told him politely I can't risk him being in an accident with a big truck loaded with stuff. He understands and we are still great friends. I will help him if he really needs something hauled. Not worth the risk.