I've spoken with Dave a number of times over the years. At least once, early on when I first started buying parts from him, I felt like he thought I was an idiot. I won't bother going into the specifics.

Later on when he and I were talking about what I was working with at the time, I'd asked for his input on a cam. His response was basically that the combo I had was pretty well sorted out and he wasn't sure either of the two Hughes cams I was looking at would show much improvement.

IIRC, the last time I spoke to him was when I ordered one of their Crane melodized distributor gear & oil pump drive shaft assemblies. I told him I really appreciated him making these available and... he seemed rather surprised and thanked me for the comment.

I expect that I could call him tomorrow and we'd be right back to him thinking I'm a idiot. I think it depends on the subject matter, your experience and the information you can provide him as to the tone of the conversation. Might also depend on which way the wind is blowing...

2021 Challenger 6.4L Scat Pack 1320
100% stock: 1.680, 11.894 at 113.75 (DA 175 ft)
weight reduction, wheels, tires, Hellcat air box: 1.661, 11.686 at 115.97 (DA 710 ft)

1973 Challenger 452 ci street/strip [2008]
pump gas, DOT radials: 1.454, 10.523 at 126.44 (DA 514 ft)