Originally Posted by poorboy
Originally Posted by moparx
Gene, as to getting the seat back a couple of inches.
since you have the gas tank in the dakota location, and out of the cab, is there a couple of stiffening ribs on the back of the cab wall you could remove, allowing the seat to touch the back of the cab ?
just thinking out loud here, as i am not familiar with those year trucks.
or maybe you have already done that, and i either forgot about it, or missed it when you said you did that.
beer

The top of the seats are under the back window supports. I can back the seat bottom up a bit more, but then the seat sits more upright and is a lot less comfortable. With my thick winter coat on, the wheel is very close to the coat, I have to suck it in to get the seat belt between the coat and the wheel. Its more of a fat old man problem. The truck also has a tilt column. If the column was a bit shorter, the issue would be gone, but then I'd have to change a bunch of other stuff. I'll just deal with it the way it is during the winter, without the heavy winter coat, there is not a problem. I would guess this old age thing is making me pretty picky, it wouldn't have bothered me in my younger years.

So should I put a build tread in the truck section, or the street rod section?

I would move the whole column farther down into the firewall. Or flat steering wheel