The windows provide a better view then my old neck can twist to see! The only blind spots on this truck is what the mirrors block, and they are pretty small and easy to look around. Now, if the seat would go back another 2", or my belly was 2" less around, or I don't have to have that bulky winter coat on, it is a very comfortable truck to drive. Has heat, an awesome defroster, and a functioning outside vent for the hotter weather, might even get AC for the summer.

My wife and I went for a ride today, full sun and upper 30s temps, I was able to drive without my coat on very nice and relaxing! At 55-60 on the cruise, 122 miles used right at 1/2 a tank (according to the gauge), less fuel then the 60 I put on the last tank full that got 9.9 mpg (warm up idle time and around town), but I did not refill, so take that as it is.

I bought the 49 sheet metal and it's original twisted frame, and a Dakota rolling 4x4 frame in 2019. It sat until I started taking apart the donor Dakota in mid July, 2020, and then started on the 49. I plated this truck in June 2022. It has about 4,000 miles on it since its been plated. Body work starts this spring, and it will hopefully be painted by fall. Not going to be a show truck, just a good looking work/driver. It is my winter transportation.
I should probably start a thread for my truck rather then messing up this one. Gene