Originally Posted by B1MAXX
Originally Posted by AndyF
Originally Posted by A/MP
I think this is a good indicator that the end of the Mopar SB and BB are on the last leg. How often do you see a non hemi Mopar winning at the track or street when the HP requirements are over 1200-1500. Thank God we have a strong foothold on the nostalgia classes, Mopar days and stock eliminator.

Yeah I was very surprised to see GM introduce a 1000 hp crate engine. That is crazy but also kind of cool. If those engines are available and the price is fair then you'll start to see a lot of them show up at the track. Mopar Performance could've introduced a 1000 hp big block crate engine years ago when had the blocks but I don't think there was anyone left at MP in those days who had the guts to make a project like that happen. It could've been done but it would've required breaking some of MP's old rules about which kind of parts to use.

Yeah, and I can see the local relative well to do midlife crisis GM wing nut buying one putting it in their bracket car and going 10.50's rolleyes

Or just putting it on display in their mini Garage Mahal.

'63 Dodge 330
11.19 @ 121 mph
Pump gas, n/a, through the mufflers on street tires with 3.54's. 3,600 lbs.
10.01 @ 133mph with a 250 shot of nitrous an a splash of race gas. 1.36 60 ft. 3,700 lbs.