Originally Posted by Pacnorthcuda
Originally Posted by cudaman1969
Hemis came with the big pump so if it ain’t on there someone changed it out. Dent in wrong pan, first place to look for pickup damage. Every Hemi we had carried 40 psi at idle with those ‘big’ bearings. Also Try another filter. Who knows what’s been done to the engine in those first few years though. I’d have that pan off tonite.
Nice car though, I have a 66 Belvedere Hemi 4 speed trying to get together. Wish you luck and hope it’s an easy fix.

Huh? Hemis had their own pans and pickups but the pump itself was the same as other RB motors. I don’t think Mopar put a HV pump on any production vehicle?

. ALL of them came with the big pump (it needs the volume because of oil trapped up top). Any and all aftermarket pumps where copy’s of the factory pump. Way back in the day it was called a HEMI pump not high volume (they also came stock with the high pressure spring), you have to be at least 70 to know this stuff, lol, you’re welcome
Also in the early 70s Chrysler sold a ‘kit’ using the ‘HEMI’ rotors and drive with an aluminum spacer to install on a reg pump to make a high volume pump (still got mine if you want a pic)

Last edited by cudaman1969; 10/04/21 07:38 PM.