Originally Posted by Jeremiah
Now we need the back story!

The car sounds and looks incredible.

Really appreciate it! This should fill in the blanks on a backstory not chronicled in this thread...I bought the car in 1991 turn key from a local guy named James Rose whom became a good friend thereafter. RIP The first trip to the track 'Detroit Dragway' I went 11.05? then James showed me how to drive it... He went 10.99 then I got back in and went 10.91. I worked at Roush and did entry level dyno testing back then but, I really had no appreciable mechanical skills because we were always kept contained within our jobs. It was and still is a very repressive environment. But I did learn dyno testing and tuning. From there, I went to GM where I was able to play in the machine shop once my dyno work was up and running. This is where I met the guy whom helped and inspired me to evolve my skills further, his name is Ross Smith (I understand he helped Pete a bunch as a youth) I took on porting my own heads and ultimately got this car into the 10.40's (105+ in the 1/8th) in good air with the same parts previously described(I was ALWAYS just a test/tuner). I had the car repainted lime green again among other changes. Although Ross was a great machinist and head porter, I learned head porting on my own until I left GM and went to Chrysler from a guy named Tim Connely. I'm getting ahead of myself so, throw a failed marriage in there until 2006 where I was as good a dad as I could be to my stepson whom I coached his teams in a variety of sports. At some point, I got sidetracked by spiritual research and ancient history along the way, and have even lectured on these subjects lol! During these times I helped many friends and ported a few sets of old iron Mopar and Ford. Money was tight and I bought what I could afford but that always got 'upgraded' because the bar kept getting higher. This shxtbox has been fabbed on from bumper to bumper and back again and again as my skills and standards evolved. (There are plenty here who have skills and cars beyond this but, at some point i had to push to finish it.) Many things I paid to be done wouldn't go down the track on every part of this build so, I just pretty much redid things my own with help from friends like Randy Johnson whom I haven't given as much credit as due.