Somewhere(probably at a garage sale) I picked up a paint stripping wheel for a drill but had never tried it so I was skeptical on how good it would actually strip paint and rust. I wasn't looking forward to stripping the paint since paint stripping SUCKS! So, I thought I'd give that wheel a try. Wow, it worked awesome. I got the entire header stripped in about 15 minutes.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Then I hung the header panel on the garage door track and sprayed it with self etch primer and SEM Trim Black. Then I repeated the steps with the side mechanisms.(EvapoRust bath/paint stripping wheel/hand sanding tight areas around all the links/painting with SEM)
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Just got done assembling everything. Sanded and polished the 6 side weather stripping channels and installing the weather stripping. I installed a new set of latches which didn't fit near as nice as the original ones...big shock I know. One side fit ok but the other side wasn't even close to fitting. I had to sand down the back side of the latch so it would bolt up. Some weather stripping needs to be trimmed and I just realized that I didn't installed the side wires(which I don't have anyway...they come with the new top)but it's basically done.
It's hard to get a nice picture of it since everything is black but it turned out nice.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]