Originally Posted by B1MAXX
If you go after that stretch number your bolt won't return to it original free length....trust me.
Your numbers look correct . pick a torque and look for an oddball with the gauge, you likley won't find one. and move on. I wouldn't take them to 100ft trying to get the stretch. Iam balancing a set of scat h-beams right now so I just opened the box, they have arp 2000's, the card says torque to 75lbs and in red "do not exceed .006 stretch."

I always check the stretch on the rods I test in a rod vice, if they don't return to zero after loosening they don't get used, I remember having to stretch, tighten, torque, the stock type ARP replacement bolts 3 times before using them. The instruction where to use a certain torque value and then measure the stretch if they didn't return to .000 return then to ARP for replacement shruggy
I have had ARP 2000 bolts made for one of the better known Hi Po rod makers over stretch at 55 Ft. Lbs. on a 7/16 bolt shock puke
I called ARP and they said to call the rod makers as they had made them to his engineering specs. and he would have to stand behind it, he didn't rant
His recommendations were torque them to 30 ft. lbs. and then rotate them 60 degrees more confused I refuse to use that method without a stretch spec which was not furnish with those rods down
Hence me starting at 50 Lbs. or less on stretching rod bolts for the first time from then on up twocents

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)