I never knew it was this hard or id of never started using the stretch method.

What brand gauge did you buy?

The stretch method is bay far the best as we see even pics on here of folks using tq wrenches from $13 to $350.

ARP 2000 are dummy proof bolts for us and the L19 are idiot proof.

There is some great info on I believe speed talk from some really in the know of how far off you can have the 2000 series and the L19 bolts and they will still work perfectly. The actual specs of what it takes to hurt a arp2000 and then the 19 is pretty substantial. Far more then we will ever put them through. Other things will fail first.

Keep an eye on the entry level eagle arps and they are still a 600hp 7500 rpm bolt that wont fail.

If you get used to the type of bolt you use you learn them. You can tell when a bolt is past its service life when it simply tq-s different then the norm.

Just take a break, look on you tube far a few vids and one day you will be able to set the stretch with your gauge and a breaker bar and a socket.

I dont think my arp gauge years ago even came with instructions. Your rods came with instructions and a area to keep stretch numbers, or they used to.

Straight from arp.

STOP POTATO HATE!