Originally Posted by lilcuda
Originally Posted by YGBSM
One caveat about Bring A Trailer is that muscle cars have mixed results there. Some get a good price, but a lot of times the cars sell for under market. I think it is because most of the audience is into Euro/ Japanese cars. I've sold two BMWs on Bring A Trailer for good prices, so I'm not knocking the site, I just think there are better options for musclecar sellers.

You can set a reserve. Also, the better the car is presented, the better. That means great pics, great videos and most of all, engage with people during the auction. It is a very interactive site, so you can’t just post your car and wait.

Like I said, I've sold two cars on BaT. If they feel that your reserve is too high, they will refuse to list the car. They will push you to lower your reserve before accepting the car. So it is not always great protection.

Their clientele is just not attuned to musclecars like Mecum, Barrett-Jackson, or even Hemmings. I've been on BaT since it started auctions and most of the buyers are really rich old dudes, dealers, or young professionals buying their first or second "status" car. There are a lot of comments from people who have no intention of buying, but just want to show off their knowledge of a particular make or reminisce about the old times.

Again, not knocking the site- I sold two rare BMWs for great prices. It just seems that a lot of musclecars are undervalued on that site.

1968 Charger R/T
2015 Charger R/T Scat Pack
2017 Durango Citadel