Originally Posted by an8sec70cuda
Originally Posted by mshred
Originally Posted by an8sec70cuda
If you decide to go external oiling, here's what I use. I don't see why it would be a problem using it in an A body. Maybe just route the line differently.
It's a Milodon pump w/ a stock cast iron cover. I like these b/c the pickup is in the pump, higher up, and not on the cover. The pan is from 440 source.
The way the line is, it goes b/t the engine and K frame...no need to disconnect it to remove the engine from the car.

A single line setup like that is exactly what I was thinking if I was to go external. Is that a kit from Milodon? or just the pump? Also, swinging or fixed pickup?

I have done research on here of others saying they lose prime if the car sits, but saw you never had that issue....that still the case?

Not a kit, just the pump itself from Milodon. The cover is a factory style cover off of a Melling pump. Just some normal -12 AM fittings and hose.
The pickup is a static/fixed style from Milodon. The pan from 440 source doesn't have the hole in it for the pickup...just got a holesaw from the hardware store. Think it's 1-1/8" diameter.
Zero problems w/ it losing prime. I have 2 cars with single line external systems. The other car has a Melling pump w/ a Milodon cover. Both cars have the lines immediately turning down and back to the pan. No need for the loop upwards. Dual line systems may be different in that respect.

Great info Chip, thank you!