Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
Originally Posted by fast68plymouth
Originally Posted by AndyF
Simplif shruggyy your life by using a 4.250 stroke crank with an internal pickup and a 6 qt Hemi type pan.

Exactly.
iagree up
I ran the stock 1970/71 6 quart hemi and 440 6 pack oil pan in my Duster with the stock 3/8 440 6 pack oil pickup, shifted from 7000 up to 7800 once seeing where it would quit pulling, it didn't so I shifted it at 7800 realcrazy
One other thing, don't build a stock 440 block, find a decent 400 block and use a 4.300 or 4.250 crank in it with 6.700 long BB Chevy type h beam rods and add aluminum main caps and ARP main studs. Those blocks live a lot longer taking abuse than the same build 440 block will fail at, they(440 blocks) crack the main webbing between the main caps and the bottom of the cylinders whiney Been there, done that rant down
I used elephant ears with the stock tranny mount and moved the engine and tranny back about one inch in my old Duster, it ran 9.993 with the air cleaner on and full 3.0 inch exhaust to the rear bumper weighing 3450 Lbs. with me in it on 91 octane Oregon pump swill boogie devil
No one here would race me on the street whiney

Good to know on the stock pickup and 6 pack pan. I am definitely not against a simpler, more trouble free setup...but I also don't want to skimp on something like oil travel and control if I am building something from scratch instead of working with something a running car came with.

More then likely I will be using an RB....I know the 400 is stronger, but parts availability and also block availability is alot better with the RB stuff. Either one will be a ticking time bomb lol