Ummm how much tax should I of paid on 360k stock sale profit? Someone missed something and it was not me. So much for trying to be cryptic. My point was to pay the man and move on is a smart thing to do at times.

Originally Posted by DAYCLONA
Originally Posted by Mr PotatoHead
Long ago I did something and the irs hit me with a 13k back tax request. Either I or they missed something but I sent a bank check that week and never heard back from them.

Hey, what about that $50K I let you borrow? I guess you missed paying me also, just send me a check and I let those hard feelings go....buddy smile

Seriously though, you should have questioned that IRS bullchit, I got hit by an IRS "letter" saying I owed them $40K....dammed if I was going to pay that!, funny thing is they wouldn't give me a local office that I could visit to show my displeasure, they just wanted a check, in full!, after several months and talking to IRS individuals in almost every State, funny my State didn't have IRS employees or offices, who would have thunk? and with every argument with a new agent the amount slowly went down review after review....eventually we settled on $11K due to a filling "error"....

STOP POTATO HATE!