Originally Posted by 71TA
I wanted to build a 10-12,000 building. Typical "cheap" buildings in our area are block about 6-8' high then insulated steel above that. Last year $70-75/sqft. This year, I talked with the builder a month ago and he talked me out of building. Said wait for a year or buy a 20 year old 14,000ft building he had coming up for $62/ft. Said it would be way cheaper even if I had to put $100k in it. NOW he says the guy with the 3 person company in the 14,000ft building, who WAS gonna hang it up, is gonna stay at it for a few more years. DAMN.

I've seen those steel building commercial where they can put up 10,000ft for $200k but what about property (200k), sewer, electric, gas, etc. I'm not a general contractor. I would have no idea what I'd be getting into. And I'd image a general contractor has to put 20% in their pocket ($200k?). So now I'm at a million again.

THEN here in Michigan seems like EVERYONE is growing pot. Just drove through an industrial neighborhood today and that's all I smell. Buildings in pot growing areas are 2-4X what they were prior. It's NUTS. So choke out legitimate small business to get people high? This is like a bad dream I can't wake up from. I don't want to eat dog food later on in life so I don't have time to get high. I'm at work today eating PB&J for lunch while checking in on Moparts

Love to have you move your operations to North Dakota. Most of us here still have our head screwed on straight.

"We live in a time when intelligent people are being silenced so that stupid people won't be offended".