Originally Posted by Mr T2U
Originally Posted by not_a_charger
Dude is a total hack from a collision repair standpoint. Doesn't follow OEM repair procedures, doesn't repair vehicles properly, fixes things that the factory requires to be replaced if damaged. He's very talented, but should work on old cars and such, not doing collision repair on modern vehicles.

The vehicle in question was not repaired properly, not even close. He didn't even mount it on a dedicated fixture, as required by BMW. He just clamped the pinch welds and yanked away. I'm not sure BMW approves adhesive bonding for the roof. I'd have to look that up.

i agree 100%.
i didn't watch this video, just the first 30 seconds to see who he was. i have see a couple of his repairs on facebook when they popped up.
i remember one i watched. he was repairing a late model VW Tiguan. these cars have a ultra high strength steel center pillar. i think they are made out of boron steel. guy took out a torch and heated up the center pillar to rough straighten it. he then cut it down the middle and butt welded a used replacement part in it's place. when you do this it heats out the additional alloys that make it high strength steel. it turns ultra high strength steel into regular mild steel.
i commented he just made a 5 star side impact car a 0 star safety rated one. if the car was ever hit again in the repaired area someone might be seriously hurt or even die from the crash.. he or someone that does his videos got really testy and blocked me from his feed.

i didn't watch the video, but as far as the roof bad fix. i bet he bonded it and didn't even weld it where the pinch weld meets the inner structure. i really don't know of any auto maker allows this any more .not only is it welded it has to be weld bonded where you use a squeeze welder that duplicates the factory spot welds just like the factory does. you do the spot weld thru the glue.

No way this guy has a squeeze welder. No way. Again, total butcher. I wouldn't put anyone I cared about...hell, anyone I was indifferent about...in a car he fixed.

Earning every penny of that moderator paycheck.

DBAP